Air pods are a popular item that many people own. They are small, convenient, and can be taken anywhere. However, they do have the potential to cause damage to the surrounding environment if they are not cleaned properly.
In this article, we will discuss how to clean air pods properly and what kind of precautions you should take when cleaning them.
Cleaning your air pods is an important responsibility for owners because it is the most responsible thing you can do for their health and safety.
Learn how to clean your AirPods
Is it OK to use a disinfectant on my AirPods ?
You may clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or the EarPods by gently wiping the exterior surfaces with a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe, 75 percent ethyl alcohol wipe, or a Clorox Disinfecting Wipe.
- Don’t use on the speaker mesh of your AirPods , AirPods Pro, and EarPods.
- Don’t use on the knit mesh canopy and ear cushions of your AirPods Max.
- Don’t use products containing hydrogen peroxide or bleach
- Avoid getting moisture in any openings
- don’t submerge your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or EarPods in any cleaning agents.
Clean your EarPods
- Don’t run EarPods underwater.
- Use a soft cloth that is free of lint or water for best results.
- Be sure to keep liquid in the openings.
- Take care to clean the microphone and the speaker meshes them gently with a cotton swab. Although you may need to wipe down any debris from the mesh with a brush, both are going to be slightly damp.
- Avoid using sharp objects or abrasive materials to ensure their safety.
Clean your AirPods and AirPods Pro
- Please do not run AirPods or the AirPods Pro underwater
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean AirPods or AirPods pro
- Did you know that if your AirPods or AirPods Pro are exposed to anything that causes stains or other damage, they could be ruined? This includes trying electronics while they’re wet, soaps and products with a pH level of less than 7, perfumes and solvents, and detergents.
- Wipe down your AirPods or AirPods pro with a damp cloth and dry it with a soft, dry lint-free cloth.
- Dry your AirPods or AirPods pro before placing them in the charging case.
- Don’t try to use them until they’re completely dry.
- Make sure to not let any liquid inside
- Clean the microphone and speaker meshes with a clean dry cotton swab.
- Do not use a sharp object or abrasive material to clean your AirPods or AirPods Pro
Clean the case of your AirPods or AirPods Pro
To maximize the reliability of your charging case, always use a lint-free cloth to clean it. Only ever use isopropyl alcohol to dampen the lint-free cloth and NEVER put any liquid in the ports. Here are a few more guidelines:
- Clean the Lightning connector from any debris with a clean, dry, soft-bristled brush
- You may have seen that some people use abrasive materials to clean their charging cases. This can potentially ruin your phone, so be careful.
- Don’t put anything with metal in the charging ports to avoid damaging your device.
Tips on How to Keep Your Air Pods Healthy and Trustworthy for Years
The AirPods are small and convenient, but they can be a little tricky to keep in good shape. These tips will help you keep your AirPods healthy and trustworthy for years.
– Keep them away from water.
– Avoid contact with sweat or saliva.
– Keep them away from extreme temperatures.
– Avoid storing them with any metal objects, like coins or keys.